There is a lot on Soul Families on the Internet, but what exactly I was looking for I couldn’t find. I have personally experienced meeting my soul family over and over. Wouldn’t it be a crazy event if we all met in one big room? Would everyone recognize each other?
It is in our souls that we carry our inner sense of knowing, share our connectedness with every other living being. It is the place within us where we are all-knowing, intuitive, loving and kind.
A soul group (or family) is made up of any number of individual souls who regularly incarnate at the same time. Given that we are all connected to everyone on some level, it seems to only make sense that we’d have a “group” of other souls we like to travel with, right?
We each have a group of souls we are spiritually connected to: souls we’re meant to connect with in both the spirit world and here by choice in physical form. This is our soul group, kind of like a family on a soul level. People from our soul group come into our lives at seemingly random times, and sometimes in the most seemingly coincidental ways. Before we were born, we agreed to connect and teach each other a lesson – or many lessons – in this lifetime. This explains why some people who are only in our lives for a short period of time make such a profound impact.
Vince and I went to Guatemala on a spiritual tour and by the end of our first group dinner together I could see my soul family. It was evident who was who. I found my mother, my aunt, and my business partner.
Later at a Manna Reiki event I found my cousin and her sister, and my cousin’s son! There was also my dearest friend and once again my mother. There were even more connections than I’ve shared. They actually shared some bodily characteristics like body type or hair color. In one case they even had the same name.
That’s not to say that everyone in our lives is in our soul group. So how do we recognize it if someone is in our soul group?
- You recognize their energy right away – it’s a feeling like you’ve come “home” when you’re around them
- You feel like you met somewhere before but know you haven’t
- You could find yourself finishing each others sentences or sharing ideas at the same time out of the blue
- You find yourselves calling/texting/emailing each other at the same time
- You feel an emotional pull to that person that surpasses any emotional connection you could have built with them in the time period you’ve known them
- You both have an innate awareness that you are going through something important together that will leave you feeling more spiritually aware and/or a better person
Think about the people in your life who have created the biggest learning lessons and consider what knowing them in this lifetime has taught you.